With the weather cooling down, it is time to break out your crock pots. We just got back from visiting my family and I can tell you that we ate out a lot. I was really looking forward to getting back home and making some yummy dinners at home. We decided to try making a whole chicken in the crock pot and it smelled amazing in here all day. I can tell you that, the chicken tastes as good as it will make your house smell. Here is the recipe:
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Peel and chop the vegetables.
- Wash and season the chicken.
- Place your chicken in the crock pot and arrange veggies around the chicken.
- Set Crock Pot to cook on high 5 hours.
- Remove from Crock Pot and arrange on platter.
- Serve hot and enjoy!