Hey guys! We are really getting a hang of this clean diet thing. Tonight we made a quick and easy beef stew. If you are not avoiding salt the way we are, feel free to add some to the recipe. Now that fall is approaching, I can not wait to whip up some more hearty meals for the colder weather. If you are short on time, this is a good beef stew. Even better if you can let it cook for a longer period.
- 1 lb of beef stew meat
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- box of unsalted chicken stock (32 oz)
- Kirkland organic no salt seasoning mix
- olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Once oil begins to slightly smoke add meat and some seasoning. Brown on one side for approx 2 minutes, flip and brown other side of meat.
- Remove meat and set aside.
- Add all veggies to the hot pot and add some more seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring to keep from burning.
- Add the chicken stock. Then add the meat to the pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce to simmer and let simmer for an hour or longer.
What is your favorite quick and easy recipe?