It has been awhile since I posted a recipe. As some of you know, we are on week 3 of the 60 day PIYO challenge. Part of that is a pretty clean diet. Beach Body provides you with a list of foods that you can eat with serving sizes etc. We have been trying to come up with yummy but clean recipes. The hardest part has been not using salt but we are getting used to it. Here is a clean recipe that we came up with for dinner tonight and it was pretty tasty. I wish it had salt though!
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups of zucchini
- 1 pound small sea scallops
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 chopped chives
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil, lower the heat, simmer and cover for 10-15 minutes. Until all the water is absorbed.
- Chop basil and chives. Add the zest of one lemon.
- Saute garlic in oil; add zucchini and cook until tender.
- Toss the scallops in the pan with the zucchini, until fully cooked.
- Fluff cooked quinoa and toss with zucchini, scallops and fresh herbs.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon on the top.
What is your favorite clean eating recipe?