Hello NYC Fit Food Fashion Readers! It is now Wednesday and I have not worked out this week. I know I should not be hard on myself since I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and she obviously is the priority in my life but I will admit there have been times in the last few days that I could have worked out but have chosen not to. Just like a lot of people I am having a hard time motivating myself. It is even harder when you are running on empty a lot of the time. Previous to having the baby I thought, when the baby arrived I would be able to just run off to the gym as soon as Jon gets home. This has not really worked for a number of reasons. The first one being, that is the fussiest time of the day for her. Secondly, I also want to be able to spend time with Jon and the baby together. Lastly, at that point I do not have much energy left to use at the gym. I am going to have to figure out how to get past this and get motivated again.
I am sure all of us out there need motivation at times even the most dedicated of us, like Jillian Michaels. I am sure even Jillian needs a push every now and then. How do you find your way back on the road to good health. I have been looking at that this week and here are some of the tips I have picked up a long the way:
- Have a goal. Do not make too many goals at once. If you have too many objectives that you are trying to achieve it will become overwhelming. Pick just one and start there. My goal will be to get in the gym for the rest of this week. I will start today and make sure I go from today till Saturday.
- Find someone or something that inspires you. Inspiration can come from someone who has achieved what ever it is that you are going for. I have found inspiration in a lot of different places but the one I use the most is the fitness community and friends that I have found on twitter. This will be where I will go to find my inspiration this week and after.
- Post your goal. For most that means just putting it out there, maybe on your fridge, computer desktop etc. For me that means posting it here so that I will be reminded that I told all of you that I was going to get into the gym for the rest of the week. Hopefully this will make me feel more accountable.
- Have support. Whether it is your family, friends or an online forum, everyone needs a support system. Find a way to get support that works for you. It can be asking for the support of a loved one or like I said check out some of the options online and find some others that share the same goals as you. That way you can all support each other in achieving your main goal.
- Start small. I am having a hard time getting back into things. I know that starting slow is the best way to get back out there. Taking baby steps. I normally commit to 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. This week I commit to 30 minutes of exercise for 3 days. I will up the amount next week and there after. Baby steps but I will get there.
- Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. I am normally pretty good at this but with the lack of good sleep, I have found some negative vibes creeping their way into my mind. I need to get back to positive thinking. It sounds like a small thing but it can make all the difference in trying to get things done.
Are any of you struggling to get back on track. Let’s help each other. Feel free to write me here on the blog or reach out via twitter @nycfitfoodfash
Have a great week everyone!