I baked these cookies tonight to give to Jon for Valentine’s Day tomorrow. Obviously you can have them anytime of year but to me the kisses make it kind of a cute Valentine’s treat. They turned out a little golden around the edges so next time I may shave a minute off of the bake time. If you are looking for a last-minute cookie idea for tomorrow or just love cookies like I do, you should bake these ones!
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 12 chocolate kisses
- cocoa (optional)
- confectioners sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl or food processor add butter sugar and vanilla. Beat by hand or in the processor till smooth.
- Gradually add flour while mixing it. Refrigerate the dough for an hour to firm it up a little.
- Pre-Heat oven to 375
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Flatten the ball and put a kiss in the middle. pinch the dough up around the kiss.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden or to your liking. Let cool and transfer to wire racks.
- Sprinkle cocoa, confectioner’s sugar or sprinkles on top of the cookies. You can also keep them plain.
- Makes about 1 dozen.
Did you do any baking for Valentine’s Day or are you planning to?