It is February and Valentine’s Day is quickly creeping up on us. I know that Valentine’s Day is kind of overly marketed holiday but I am a chick and I love it. I have always been a huge fan of celebrating love whether I have been in a relationship or not. I also love Valentine’s Day in NYC. With the baby coming in March/April this will probably be the last romantic Valentine’s Day alone for a few years. I am lucky I have a great hubby and Jon has already planned a great evening for us. We will be going to see the Broadway play “Once” and having a romantic dinner. I have been dying to see the show and I am so excited for this! Last year we went to dinner at the 21 Club and it was amazing!
Even though I already have my plans set, I have been researching things that are going on here in NYC for you lovers out there and for those of you that will be visiting NYC over the holiday. I have found some interesting and fun ideas out in the city.
- Beyoncé themed Valentine’s Day dinner at Brucie in Brooklyn. I have no idea how they came up with this idea but if you love Beyoncé this may be for you. The menu is inspired by all things Beyoncé. A very unique Valentine’s Dinner idea that is for sure!
- Valentine’s Day Dinner Cruise. We have been meaning to go on a dinner cruise forever and just have never gotten around to it. World Yacht has a Valentine’s Day dinner cruise which is a 3 hr cruise on New York Harbor with a 4 course dinner. Definitely something that you should do in NYC Valentine’s Day or not.
- Central Park is one of the most romantic places that you can spend time in for free in the city. I know it is kind of cold out but grab a latte or a hot chocolate, bundle up and take a walk with your loved one. If you are really feeling romantic take a horse and carriage ride through the park. Better do that soon before the city bans it!
- Couples Spa Day is a popular thing to do in the city. If this is something you are wanting to do book it now. I took Jon for a couples massage on Valentines Day a few years ago as a surprise and it was a huge hit with him. There are so many Valentine’s Day deals going on at all of the city’s best spas.
- Take in a Broadway show. We are planning to see “Once” for Valentine’s Day. NYC is full of amazing Broadway shows. If you and your loved one like to go to the theater, this may be a great idea for you. If you do not want to splurge on the price of a Broadway ticket, off-Broadway can be just as fantastic!
Now if you are not in NYC you can still plan a romantic evening obviously. Here are a few ideas for a great Valentine’s Day:
- Breakfast in bed
- Bake some Valentine’s Day goodies
- Romantic dinner at home
- Dinner and a movie
- Ice skating
- Wine tasting
What are your plans for this Valentine’s Day?