Good Afternoon Readers! Over the last month I have been experimenting with my Crock Pot. I had some ground beef in the freezer and decided to make a hearty meat sauce for dinner. Some of my favorite sauces that I have had have been simmered and cooked for hours. What is better than using your Crock Pot to make this easy sauce and let it cook all day. I served the sauce with whole wheat spaghetti, I love whole wheat pasta but Jon is not a fan. You can use any pasta of your choice or even eat it on it’s own why not!?
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz
- 1 can of tomato paste 6 oz
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- parsley, chopped for garnsih
- In a large pan cook beef, onion, and garlic until beef is browned. Drain grease from the beef using a slotted spoon.
- Transfer beef mixture to the bottom of the crock pot. Add the rest of the ingredients on top and stir.
- Cover and let simmer on low for 6-8 hours.
- Discard the bay leaf. Serve with your favorite cooked pasta. Garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!