This is a take on a Crock Pot Balsamic Recipe that I kept seeing on Pinterest. I pulled out the crock pot last week and decided it was time to put it to good use again. I had some chicken breasts on hand, so that is what I used. You can also do this recipe with chicken thighs. I may be in the minority but I prefer chicken thighs for flavor. We served the chicken with couscous and asparagus. Give this recipe a try for a healthy dinner!
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 pound of chicken (breasts or thighs)
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Combine the dry spices in a bowl and dip each chicken breast or thigh in the spice mix. Cover on both sides. Put the chicken aside.
- Pour olive oil in the bottom of the crock pot. Cover the bottom with the chopped onions and minced garlic. Place chicken on top of the onions and garlic.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and chicken stock over the chicken. Cover and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Until chicken is cooked.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top of chicken and serve. Enjoy!