Here is another yummy Christmas cookie recipe. I am a huge fan of sugar cookies! I found a brown sugar cookie recipe and thought why not give it a try. The cinnamon really makes these cookies! Try these simple and easy Christmas cookies.
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer or food processor, beat the butter, brown sugar, and ¼ cup of the granulated sugar on medium-high speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vanilla, salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the cinnamon and beat until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour, mixing just until combined (do not overmix).
- On a small plate, stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Shape the dough into balls (about 1 teaspoon each). A few at a time, roll the cookies in the cinnamon sugar to coat and place on baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart. Bake until puffed and golden, 10 to 12 minutes. (Cookies will deflate somewhat.) Cool slightly in the pans. Enjoy!