Hey guys! We are always looking for quick and easy pasta recipes. Pasta recipes are great to have on hand when you do not have a lot of time to make dinner. This tomato sauce is nicely flavored with pancetta and red pepper flakes to give it a kick. I know that we will be making this one often and it is great when you are on a budget!
- olive oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 28 oz can of chopped tomatoes with juices
- 1 lb dry fettuccine
- salt & pepper
- grated parmesan (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook till browned, approximately 3-4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a plate and put aside.
- Add onion, celery and garlic. Keep heat at Medium. Cook stirring often, about 6-8 minutes until softened. Stir in the red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes to the mixture and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir sauce occasionally and let thicken.
- While the sauce is simmering cook the fettuccine following the package’s instructions. Drain.
- Return the pasta to the pot add tomato sauce and stir, coating all of the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the pancetta and parmesan. Serve hot. Enjoy!