I do not know about you guys but I am a huge GIRLS fan. The HBO show quickly became one of my favorite things to watch when sitting at home sick one day I watched every episode of Season 1 on HBO GO. I was really excited to hear that they are bringing out a book titled ” The Unofficial GIRLS Guide to New York”. If you are not a viewer of the show you should be. HBO’s GIRLS has gripped millions with its depiction of struggling twentysomethings in New York. Simultaneously riveting, discomfiting, and relatable, the unfolding story of Hannah Horvath and her friends continues to spark conversation about the millenial generation and the city that forms the backdrop for their story: New York. Do you want to get to know New York the way the girls of GIRLS know if before the show has its third season premiere on January 24th? The book will include:
- a trip to Cafe Grumpy and learn how to make a french press cup of coffee, just like Ray and Hannah would do it!
- go behind the scenes to the Greenhouse, where Hannah and Elijah dance to the beats of Ipad DJs Andrew Andrew
- recreate Jessa and Thomas John’s Foundry wedding cake, with buttercream icing made from local NYC rooftop honey
- walk the streets of Adam’s neighborhood (Prospect Heights) and grab a pierogi at Christina’s Polish Restaurant in Greenpoint
- shop GIRLS Style from the West Village and Lower Eastside to Nolita
- plus way more goodies!
The Unofficial GIRLS Guide to New York features 21 illustrated maps, tons of photos and recipes to bring the GIRLS into your real life!
I am so excited for the release of this book and I hope you are too! Expect me to review it once I get my hands on a copy!! For now feel free to check out the website: http://unofficialgirlsguidenyc.com/