- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds peeled medium size shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced, 1 wedged
- bunch of cilantro
- salt and pepper
- instant couscous
- Prepare instant couscous as per directions, fluff with fork and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan. Add the cumin, ginger, paprika and cayenne and cook stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp, garlic and season with salt. Cook, stirring for approx 1 minute. Squeeze in the juice of the 1 lemon and add 1 cup of water.
- Stir, then cover and let simmer until the shrimp are cooked through. Approx 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and extra lemon juice if you like.
- Transfer the couscous to a serving plate. Season the couscous with 1/2 lemon and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Serve couscous with the shrimp pour some of the cooking juices on top and serve with lemon wedges.