Jon and I love to cook at home. Lately we have been going through a chicken phase. This is a great recipe if you love olives. I love love love olives. Give this one a try if you do too! Let me know how it turns out!
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 pound of pancetta, cubed
- olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of pitted kalamata olives
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped finely
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Dry the chicken with paper towels and put into a bowl. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium heat saute pan. Add the cubed pancetta and cook for 5 minutes until crisp. Put aside on paper towel.
- Add the chicken and brown it on all sides for about 5 minutes. Stir in the onions, rosemary, garlic and white wine. Cover the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Turn the chicken a few times.
- Stir in the olives and anchovies, crushing the anchovies in to the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stir a couple of times and add the pancetta. Add some wine if the sauce is becoming to dry. Stir in the vinegar and serve immediately, garnished with parsley. ENJOY!