I know I always say this but this is one of the best chicken recipes I have ever had!! We found the recipe in Italian Country Cooking, this is our take on it. We had this the other night and had enough left overs so I could eat it for lunch. Once again it was even better the next day!
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- olive oil
- 2 ounces of pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion
- 4 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tblsp capers
- 2 thick lemon slices, seeds removed, flesh and peel cut into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup of green olives, pitted
- Use a large pan that will fit the chicken without crowding. Warm up olive oil of medium high heat.
- Add chicken, skin side down. Brown on both sides of the chicken for about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a plate, season with salt and pepper and put aside. Leave about 3 tbsp of fat in the pan.
- Combine pancetta, onion, rosemaryand and garlic into the pan. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add wine, vinegar, capers, lemon, and chili flakes. Bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and stir in the olives.
- Cover with the lid placed on a slight angle. Cook over low heat until chicken is tender, about 25 minutes. The chicken is cooked when the juices run clear, when piercing the thigh. Add a few tablespoons of water if the pan is getting dry. Place in a serving dish and pour sauce over top.We served the chicken with some roasted vegetable. Serve hot and ENJOY!
Let me know if you have tried any of our recipes. We would love to hear your experiences!