First off, I would like to thank NycFitFoodandFashion for having me be a guest blogger. I am really excited for the opportunity! …Excited to share with you and learn along side you.
When we spoke I asked if there was any particular topic that should be covered, the answer I was given was thought provoking; “write about something that inspires you.” Whenever I receive an answer like that, it always makes me take a moment to ponder what really inspires me. It’s great because questions like that act as a check-in on my everyday life to see if I am trying to live by what inspires or fulfills me. The answer came pretty quickly because it is how I live my life everyday – Fast and Easy ways to be a little healthier. I like to get the most bang for my buck!
So here are my top 5 tips to be healthier and have the greatest impact while using very little time:
1) Hot Water with Lemon Juice
- First thing in the morning drink a hot/warm water with lemon before having anything else. You don’t have to sit and drink it leisurely. In fact, most mornings I drink it as I get myself ready for the day. Then afterwards I have my breakfast and coffee.
i. Flushes the body of toxins
ii. Speeds hydration throughout the day
iii. Provides a number of benefits to the immune system
iv. Aids in digestion
2) Green Tea
- Switch your coffee for Green Tea especially if you drink multiple cups a day
i. Increases Metabolism
ii. Has high level of antioxidants
iii. Helps keep Blood Sugar from spiking after eating
iv. Lowers Cholesterol
3) Pack Water for the Day
- It is always hard to make sure we get enough water in a day so make sure when you leave your home that yo,u have a bottle of water with you
- When you are feeling thirsty dehydration has already begun. We should be quenching thirst before we sense it
- If you are bored of plain old water, get more bang for your buck by adding fruit or vegetables to it.
4) Meal Planning
- The night before going grocery shopping, plan your meals for the week.
i. Healthier eating choices will be made
ii. Save money
iii. Have less food waste
5) Cheat Day!
- This is my favourite. Allowing a cheat day makes sure you make healthier choices throughout the week because you Can spend the week planning out your Cheat Day
- Everyone loves to indulge a little
By following these 5 quick and easy tips you can find yourself being a little healthier!! Does anyone else have some favourite health tips?
My name is Louise Brans, owner of FreshFit Inc.
Coming from a Carreer Counselling background but
have transitioned into Health and Wellness Counselling.
I am currently completing the Registered Holistic Nutritionist Program through the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. Also, a mom to a 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl.
FreshFit helps people make realistic health goals and meet them. Creating a