This dish is pretty spicy! I guess that is why it is called angry! Give this chicken dish a try if you love spicy food. If not then just omit the chilies. Either way it is very yummy!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 8 drumsticks or 4 whole chicken legs
- 2 garlic bulb, cloves peeled
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 2 hot red chillies, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces of pancetta, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp of fresh rosemary leaves
- Combine garlic 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and coarsely copped with pancetta and rosemary in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. If you do not have a processor you can finely chop.
- Transfer to a pot, add olive oil and cook over medium heat, until the pancetta is golden, approximately 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Turn heat to high, add onion, chicken and garlic cloves, brown the chicken pieces well on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the red wine and cook for 1 minute. Add chilies and tomatoes and season with salt.
- Bring to a simmer, cover with lid and cook on medium low for 40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls while it is hot!