This recipe is from Tosca Reno’s Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook 2. I chose to share this dish today because it is probably one of the best recipes we have cooked EVER! Perfect for a staying in “Date Night”. Cook this for your significant other and it will definitely win you some points!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup fresh chives
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp of walnut pieces
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth, if needed
- 1lb large scallops
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa, water, and 1/2 tsp of salt over high heat till boiling. Cover and reduce heat and simmer, 15 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff and set aside.
- In a food processor, add garlic, basil, tarragon, chives, mint, zest and lemon juice, walnuts, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Pulse until chopped, while running stream in olive oil. Scrape down the sides of the processor. If it is too thick add vegetable broth and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat. Blot the scallops with paper towel to get rid of any extra moisture. Season each side of the scallops with salt and pepper and place in pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Do not over cook the scallops. Remove then set aside.
- Toss the quinoa, pesto, cherry tomatoes until mixed. Divide onto 4 plates and place scallops on top of each dish. Serve Hot!
What do you like to cook for a “Date Night” in?