We are Sandals Resorts obsessed and for a good reason. I have never experienced the type of service that Sandals Resorts has to offer, at any other resort that we have stayed at. Do not miss out on the New Years Sale that is going on right now. If you have any questions about Sandals Resorts, I would love to answer them for you. Here is a list of the resorts that we have been to:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean
- Sandals Royal Bahamian (twice)
- Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Ochi Beach
- Sandals Halcyon
- Sandals La Toc
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian
One of my favorite gifts for Christmas is to treat each other to a vacation instead of material items. The memories that we make on our vacations are priceless. The first vacation that me and the hubby ever took together was to Sandals Royal Caribbean. Sandals captured our hearts and they have been our go to for adults only vacations ever since.
Since then we have visited properties in Ochos Rios, Bahamas, Antigua and St Lucia. They also have an incredible rewards system that makes you feel like part of the family. Sandals Resorts always gets our travel business and I do not see that changing!
Sandals Resorts has incredible deals on for the holidays! You do not want to miss out on this: Enjoy 12 Days of surprises at Sandals Resorts and get up to $1000 instant air credit PLUS enjoy a FREE gift on us!
*this post may contain affiliate links
I have made no secret that I am a huge fan of the SJP shoe collection. If I could afford to, I would own all of her shoes. Sarah Jessica Parker knows a good shoe!! I own several pairs and they are always well made and cheaper than a pair on Manolo Blahnik. Here is a few pairs from the current collection that I am dying to put my feet into:
Anyone that knows me and my husband, knows that we are obsessed with Sandals and Beaches Resorts!! We have been to many of their resorts and I can say that we are almost Sandals Resorts experts.
This year, instead of buying another sweater, piece of jewelry or any other thing that will sit in your closet, consider investing in a vacation. We have been doing this for anniversaries and I can tell you the memories of a vacation together are far better than any material gift.
*This post contains affiliate links
Ok guys, traveling with toddlers can be tough. We travel quite a bit, by air and in the car. We have come up with a couple of tips that work in the car and on the plane.
- Bring Snacks. This not the time to cut back on your kids snack eating. Bring all of the snacks that your toddler loves with you in your purse or carry on. Traveling with toddlers can be a nightmare if you do not have the right snacks to distract them. Our favorites are: animal crackers, fruit snacks, mixed nuts or trail mix and cookies. Eating will help to calm their nerves and keep them distracted for a while.
- Bring their favorite books and stuffed animals with them. This was really key for us when we started traveling with toddlers. It is all about distractions, we have the snacks and now we have some quiet entertainment. Our girl will spend the better part of an hour looking through her books and even better if you brought some crayons and a coloring book too. Stuffed animals are great if they actually decide to get some sleep because they obviously will provide comfort.
- Bring an IPad or some sort of hand-held electronic. This is our last resort while traveling with our 2.5 year old. If all else fails I know that I can get her to sit for a decent amount of time on the IPad while watching a movie that we downloaded for her. It is even better if she is watching a movie and eating a snack. We have made it through 4 hour flight this way with barely any problems.
Those are my top 3 tips for traveling with toddlers. We travel at least once a month so this really has become second nature for us. What are some tips that work for you?
Radiation therapy or radiotherapy is one of the most common treatments for tumors and cancers. In this therapy, high-energy rays or particles such as gamma rays, x-rays, protons or electron beams are used to target and destroy the cancerous and tumor cells in the body. This therapy can treat a large number of cancers which include prostate breast, thyroid cancer and more.
Following are the benefits of radiation therapy for the treatment of cancers and tumors.
Unlike other treatments of cancer such as chemotherapy which spreads all over the body and causes equal damage of healthy body cells, radiation therapy is restricted to a particular body location where tumor or cancer exists. Because of this limited approach, the surrounding healthy cells of the body are safe from the harmful effects of radiations.
Effective for the Treatment of Localized Cancer
Those tumors which haven’t metastasized i.e. they haven’t spread to other body areas can be effectively treated via radiation therapy alone. This is because radiotherapy delivers precise doses of tumor-destroying radiations right at the cancer site. The effect of these doses is very strong on the cancerous cells because the radiation rays are not diverted or diverged to any other body area. Hence, their potent localized action destroys the localized tumor cells effectively.
Radiation therapy doesn’t cause any scarring on the body. In rare cases, very minimal skin scarring is observed but these scars are not permanent and fade away with time. All in all, radiation therapy causes minimal cosmetic damage to the patient’s body.
Treating Delicate Body Areas
Since radiation therapy is a highly localized procedure, it’s used to target tumors and cancers in extremely delicate areas like nose, ears, eyes, and mouth.
Use as an Adjuvant Therapy
Radiation therapy is also used in combination with other treatment options for cancers like chemotherapy in order to optimize the effectiveness of the treatment. The synergistic effect of both therapies rapidly destroys the cancerous cells and slows down their multiplication in the body.
Use As Palliative Treatment
Radiation therapy is also used as a palliative treatment when complete elimination of cancer is not possible from the body. Radiation therapy as palliative treatment works to shrink the rapidly growing cancer or tumor in order to stop it from metastasizing, and relieves symptoms such as extreme pain and inflammation.
Used Before and After the Surgical Procedure
Radiation therapy also assists in the treatment of those tumors which need to be removed via surgery. In such cases, radiation therapy is applied before the surgical procedure to shrink the tumor size and it’s used after the surgery to destroy any remaining cancerous cells which can multiply in future.
Less Time Consuming
Radiation therapy sessions are less time-consuming as compared to other cancer treatments. These sessions usually take less than one hour. Sometimes, the session can be as small as fifteen minutes. Also, there’s no requirement of hospital stay as radiotherapy is a completely outpatient procedure.
If you are like me, you love to snack and are not that big on eating huge meals. But what can you eat that will not leave you feeling super guilty the rest of the day??
Here are a few things that I like to eat for snack and they are also healthy!
- Hummus and Veggies: I am obsessed with hummus and I could eat it every single say. Sometimes I do it every day. At 70 calories for 2 tbsp and delicious it is on my meal plan every single week. My favorite veggies to eat it with are carrots, celery, pepper spears and chopped broccoli.
- Plain Greek Yogurt and Fruit. I love to eat yogurt! I used to eat all the regular brands without thinking of all of the added sugars. I now love to have plain no-sugar added greek yogurt and add my own toppings. Blueberries, strawberries and honey are just a few of the toppings that I add to my yogurt.
- Peanut Butter and Apple Slices. There really is no explanation necessary for this one. I use all natural peanut butter like Justin’s Peanut Butter.
- Nuts. When I am starving and just wanting a little something to make my stomach stop growling, I go for a small handful of nuts. My favorite is roasted, lightly salted cashews! They are delicious!
- Smoothies or protein shakes. My blender is the most used appliance in my kitchen and this is due to my obsession with shakes. I have them for breakfast daily and I also find them to be a great post workout snack. Just be careful not to add too many yummy things to them and then kill your calorie count for the day.
I hope you enjoyed my list of 5 Guilt Free Snack Ideas. What is your favorite snack food?
Who can turn down a fresh peach? It’s one of the quintessential fruits of the summer. And of course, they have various other attributes. They represent everything from beauty, to sexuality, to longevity.
This summer, however, they also represent trends.
The peach is thriving in the warm weather months of 2016, and there are three different ways that you can utilize it to make your summer that much more juicy.
You should always try to buy produce in season, and peaches are no different. They’re sweeter and juicier at the height of season than they are at any other time of the year. Plus, they’re likely grown and sold from a closer, local market than they are off-season, where they have to be imported from various locations.
According to research, the average peach only contains a measly 37 calories. Granted, the size of the peach that you have can certainly vary the fruit’s caloric value, but that’s a fairly low average when you’re counting calories. They also contain potassium, phosphorus, folate, vitamin E (an antioxidant), and vitamin K among others, making them a healthy and delicious treat.
The Lifestyle and Organizational App
“Peach” is a newer app in professional communication. Described here as “a new social networking app that combines Slack-like commands with a Facebook Messenger-style interface,” Peach is already used by impressive companies. Those include Asos, Merriam-Webster, and publishers like Vice and The Washington Post.
Users can post status updates, follow friends and colleagues, and have conversations with the same ease of texting. That being said, the app works best when used in a corporate setting, where there is usually more need for a universal form of communication among workers.
Not surprisingly, peach is a trendy color right now. Fashion inspiration is usually pulled from seasonal surroundings, and peaches are everywhere this time of year. You can easily grab a top or dress in peach, but why not have a little more fun with the color this season?
A peach blazer or pair of peach-colored skinny jeans can give you a feminine and flirty look. Or you can grab a few peach accessories. As you can see from this bags collection, designers are still coveting the color of the season. Try Stella McCartney’s Mini Tote for a professional look, or Anya Hindmarch’s “Smiley” tote for something a little more casual.
Let peaches inspire you this season. You never know. It might just become your new favorite fruit, color, and app!
Beth Anderson is a lifestyle blogger from San Francisco. She loves researching the latest trends, a strong cup of coffee, and her rescue cat, Marty.
We just returned from a short but amazing stay at Sandals Royal Bahamian in the Bahamas. We had traveled to this resort back in 2011 and were very excited to return. It was an amazing 4 day stay in the Balmoral Poolside Walkout Club Level Room. I would definitely recommend this to resort and room to anyone planning a romantic getaway. Comment below if you have any questions about our experience.
Sandals is having an amazing 4th of July sale!! If you are looking to book at a Sandals, now is the time!
*This post does contain affiliate links